We know how important a job is for an individual’s financial security and sense of self-worth. That’s why we’re committed to helping those who need jobs find them.
Navigating the Journey to Self-sufficiency
Northfield Works is the CAC’s community job partnership program. Its mission is to end poverty one job at a time by providing job training and placement for low-income, underemployed and unemployed people in the Northfield area.
- Employers can hire pre-screened, well-trained and reliable employees who are backed by the CAC.
- People living in poverty set their life on a path to self-reliance through long-term employment.
A Four Way Partnership
- Job seekers are empowered to make a positive change in their lives.
- Employers receive reliable and hard-working employees.
- Volunteers help our neighbors lift themselves out of poverty.
- Donors invest in a program that improves their community.
Northfield Works Volunteers
One of the unique aspects of the Northfield Works program is the neighbor-to-neighbor engagement fueled by the volunteers and employers who collaborate with job seekers.
The CAC's Impact
Last year, 129 people received job coaching, money management and computer training skills.
14 new Northfield Works participants gained benefit packages and two have been promoted to supervisory and management positions.
Contact us to learn more about Northfield Works.