Fresh, healthy food is vital to living a fulfilling life. For those Northfield neighbors who are unable to get the food they need, we offer two main food programs.
The Food Shelf
The Food Shelf has been providing quality and healthy food to those in need since 1985. The Food Shelf stocks food such as canned fruits and vegetables, soup, pasta and tomato sauce, rice, milk, macaroni and cheese, peanut butter, canned meat, and baby food and formula.
We also stock non-food items such as toilet paper, diapers, detergent and soap. The Food Shelf offers bags of food for emergencies, deliveries for those who can’t come to our location and a Nutrition Assistance Program for Seniors (NAPS).
What to expect at the Food Shelf
- Food is available for anyone who needs it. No ID or proof of income required. All are welcome!
- Our staff and volunteers speak Spanish.
- No-contact, drive-thru service and curbside pickup.
- We take your “order” at your car. You choose your food from a menu, we pack it up and bring it out to you.
- You are welcome to come for fresh produce every open day (Monday and Friday 3:00-4:45 p.m., Tuesday and Thursday 5:00-6:45 p.m.).
- No transportation? We can deliver!
- We provide an average of 65 pounds of food distributed per person including fresh fruits and vegetables, meat, and dairy products.
- We do our best to honor dietary restrictions, allergies, and culturally specific food requests.
- Minimal information is requested from you (name, address, number of people in your household, ages). Information you share with the CAC is kept safe and confidential. Food from the food shelf is not a public benefit and does not count toward public charge.
- Staff are available to help with other paperwork, SNAP application and other assistance, answer employment questions, provide financial assistance for rent/utilities, and more.
We have currently suspended our Thursday’s Table meals until further notice. Thank you.
How You Can Help5 Most Wanted Items >>
- Make a monetary donation.
- Collect most wanted items to bring to the CAC Food Shelf. We have plenty of refrigeration and welcome fresh or frozen foods.
- Host a unique or themed food drive. See our list of ideas to get started:
Food Drive Ideas
Three Meals a Day – Collect for a specific meal
Breakfast – Cereal granola, granola bars, pop tarts
Lunch – PB&J, canned fruit, canned pasta, tuna and mayo
Dinner – Helpers, stew, mac and cheese, pasta with sauce
Pasta Patrol – Collect mac and cheese, canned pasta, dry pasta and sauce
Themed Drives – (Give from the Heart – heart healthy foods; March Madness – organize a basketball shoot out for hunger with food as the entry fee; Food Hunt for Hunger; Rise and Shine – breakfast foods)
CAC offers SNAP application assistance and can help answer questions about eligibility. For more information, contact Claudia at CAC via phone at 507.573.6485, or email email@example.com.
Faribault Food Access Initiative
CAC is proud to expand food access services to families and individuals living in Faribault. Click below to learn more about the Faribault Food Access Initiative, food distribution dates, and our employment opportunities!Faribault Food Access Initiative >>
The CAC's Impact
Last year, we distributed over 540,000 pounds of food through the Food Shelf.
We rescued over 249,000 pounds of food from local retailers.
Contact us to learn about the Food Shelf or Thursday’s Table.