Operation Backpack is a free community-based resource for Northfield students Pre-K-12. Students receive a free backpack and school supplies coordinated in partnership with the Committee for Children of the United Methodist Church of Northfield.
It is available to students:
- Enrolled in the Northfield School District
- Those that could benefit from this free resource
Registration: Mid-July through early August
If your child does not attend the Northfield School District, please contact your school office to access school supply resources.
- Register online with your child’s information
- Select the appointment time that works best for you
- You’ll receive a reminder postcard in the mail; bring this postcard on the day of distribution for easy check-in
- Distribution will take place at Northfield Community Resource Center (1651 Jefferson Parkway)
Thanks to all of the local businesses and families that contribute to Operation Backpack. Your contributions ensure all of our students can start the school year prepared and ready to learn! Thank you!
Contact us at 507-664-3550 for assistance with your registration, questions, or to access other community resources. We’ll have assistance available at the event to sign-up for SNAP benefits and MNsure.
CAC’s vitality depends on the community — from volunteers to donations to program-specific support — so that we can continue to meet our neighbors’ basic needs.