Want to make a difference this holiday season? Share the joy! There are many opportunities to get involved in Operation Joy, the CAC’s holiday gift program.
Through the generosity of hundreds of individual donors and dedicated volunteers, approximately 850 children from 350 households will receive gifts through the Operation Joy program this year.
It takes a whole community working together to make this magical program possible.
Volunteer Registration now Open
Volunteers are needed to help on December 10, 11, 12, and 13 with the sorting of gifts, assisting participants with their gift selections, gift wrapping and room clean up. Please click the button below or call the Community Action Center at 507-664-3550 to sign up.Sign up to Volunteer
Other Ways to Get Involved
- Donate money: Cash gifts are used to meet specific needs and fill in the gaps. Checks can be made out to: CAC-Operation Joy, 1651 Jefferson Parkway – Suite HS-200, Northfield, MN 55057.
- Donate gifts: New, unwrapped toys and gifts can be dropped off in designated donation boxes at local churches and businesses or at the Community Action Center from November 10 to December 9.
- Donate quilts or fleece blankets: Each family receives a new, store-bought or homemade quilt or blanket. Please contact Deb Laven (507-663-9062) for more information.
- Bake cookies: Cookies are served to participants and volunteers during the event. Please contact Mary Peterson (507-649-1889) for more information.
- Sew sleepwear: Each child receives pajamas. Pre-cut kits are available at the Community Action Center. Please contact Lori Schmidt (email@example.com) or Darlene Witt (507-645-7296) for more information.