We are a local community organization serving individuals and families throughout Rice County. Since 1969, Community Action Center’s (CAC) mission has been to promote a healthy, caring, and just community for all people through resources, advocacy, and volunteer effort.
As an organization, our vitality relies on our community. Our work is made possible by donations of all sizes. You can help us ignite hope for those in need. Consider donating today.
CAC uses Donorbox for our donation processing, ensuring that all transactions are completely secure. Donorbox does not retain any bank or card information as credit card data is encrypted and tokenized. Moreover, Donorbox is SSL/TLS secured and meets PCI compliance standards for additional protection.
Write a Check to Community Action Center
Deliver or mail to: 1651 Jefferson Parkway, Suite HS-200, Northfield, MN 55057
Donate Shares of Stock
Please visit Community Resource Bank
Chris Weber, Cetera Investment Services
Make a Legacy Gift
Include Community Action Center in your will
Start your own special fund to support the work of CAC
For more information on giving contact:
Heidi Richter, Donation Coordinator
CAC recognizes you have choices when it comes to who and what you champion. And, we understand that you’re naturally drawn to those that most closely align to your values. From addressing the community’s collective needs or aiming to make a difference on the food front, CAC is happy to provide you with a number of ways to give generously. In the end, we’re most interested in partnering with you to fulfill all of our neighbors’ basic needs – in whatever way that looks and feels most right to you. Simply put, your support ignites hope, and how you take action, well, that’s up to you!
- Area of Greatest Need Donations with this designation are preferred. They entrust CAC to respond with the greatest amount of flexibility to the ever growing and evolving needs of our all-encompassing community. With this selection you’re letting CAC decide where your dollars are best applied.
- Community Designation On the other hand, some of you feel more comfortable with seeing your contribution at work near home. In these instances, please add Northfield or Faribault to the comment section of your designation. This way we’ll earmark it for the community where you reside, towards the program or project that speaks to you directly.
- Seasonal Campaigns Sometimes you’ll want to join hands with other community members in support of a yearly campaign or matched donation opportunities, such as Minnesota Food Share, Operation Joy, or Open Your Heart. The timing of these are generally consistent from year to year, with regular announcements from us about how you can participate.
- Special Programs Some funds are particular to a location or cause, for instance, Faribault’s Basic Blessing Backpack program and Diaper Bank or The Rice County Mobile Home Fund. Most often these are started by a single organization that has asked CAC to work together to generate support and build awareness for a defined project or program.
- Hillcrest Village gifts assist with CAC’s new Net Zero Energy housing development in Northfield.
- Honorariums and Memorials Making a donation to CAC in someone’s name is a lovely way to memorialize or honor someone special. For these types of gifts, you’ll have room to add a special note and ask that we notify the recipient or family member of your gift.
- Tom and Linda Blaisdell Family Community Fund Family funds are sometimes created to connect like-minded donors with a specific cause. The Blaisdell Family Community Fund supports the Hillcrest Village housing development and is a dedicated resource to families who are experiencing hardship and need direct financial assistance. Download Blaisdell Family Community Fund Flyer >
- Other: You may write-in a designation and CAC will do everything it can to either honor the designation or contact you with additional questions. Some initiatives are not listed above, but use community support to make a sustainable impact. Others include Northfield Youth Sports Collaborative (NYSC), Northfield Supporting Neighbors (NSN), CSA shares for CAC families, menstrual products, among many others. Please indicate your preferences by selecting “other” and identifying where we should apply your donation.
CAC’s vitality depends on the community — from volunteers to donations to program-specific support — so that we can continue to meet our neighbors’ basic needs.