As an organization, our vitality relies on our community. Our work is made possible by donations of all sizes. You can help us ignite hope for those in need. Consider donating today.
Donate shares of stock
If you would like to Donate shares of stock, please contact Chris Weber at Cetera Investment Services, 507-645-1841 or email at email@example.com. You may also contact Scott Wopata at 507-664-3555 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other Ways to Give
- Write a check to the Community Action Center and deliver or mail it to our office at 1651 Jefferson Parkway, Suite HS-200, Northfield, MN 55057.
- Enroll in our electronic transfer of gifts funding program. This allows you to automatically donate at the frequency and amount of your choice.
- Make a secure online gift using your credit card through GiveMN, Network for Good, or Mightycause.
- Call us at 507.664.3550.
- Make a legacy gift by including the Community Action Center in your will.
- Donate goods to the Food Shelf.
For more information on donating, contact Executive Director Scott Wopata.
You can designate your donation to be used by CAC in different ways. CAC is here to empower you to support your community and welcomes you to designate your gift if you prefer.
- General donations (without a designation or Area of Greatest Need) allow CAC to use your gift to support the area of greatest need. As the needs of our community continually evolve, CAC always encourages this type of flexible designation.
- Food Shelf donations are used to run CAC’s food shelf. This includes purchasing food, equipment (refrigeration), staff/volunteer coordination, and other facilities costs to maintain equitable food access in our community.
- COVID-19 Assistance donations are used to directly support individuals and families in our community negatively impacted by the affects of COVID-19. Specifically, 100% of all donations will go toward emergency financial assistance (rent, utilities, and other costs) to support families in crisis because of a loss of income, illness, or other impacts of COVID-19.
- Northfield Supporting Neighbors (NSN) donations are used to support Northfield area residents who have needs that fall outside the usual human services resources. These may be legal or social issues stemming from immigration concerns.
- Operation Joy donations are used to support CAC’s community-wide holiday gift sharing program in December
- Operation Backpack donations are used to support school supplies for children throughout the Northfield School District. This is a program run by volunteers from Northfield United Methodist Church with CAC as the fiscal agent.
- Affordable Housing Capital Campaign donations are used to support CAC’s work to maintain and increase affordable and emergency housing in Northfield. This includes an ambitious and exciting new development of 17 units at 1050 Highway 3 N. Our dream is to build a Net Zero Energy community of affordable housing and emergency shelter.
- Other: You may write-in a designation and CAC will do everything it can to either honor the designation or contact you with additional questions. Some initiatives are not listed above, but use community support to make sustainable impact. These include Northfield Youth Sports Collaborative, Net-Zero Energy Housing, Feminine Hygiene Products (FHP), CSA shares for CAC families, among many others. Follow up with us if you’d like to work with CAC to ensure your gift provides the right support for low-income families in our community.