December 4, 2014
December 3, 2014
AmazonSmile is a program that lets you donate to the Community Action Center as you shop!
Simply shop on smile.amazon.com rather than amazon.com, and the Amazon Smile Foundation will donate .5% of your purchase directly to the Community Action Center.
For a shopper, prices and products are identical to Amazon.com. Think about it, you can shop at the same amazing prices that Amazon has to offer AND Amazon will donate .5% of your purchase at no extra charge to you!
Savings and philanthropy are always a good mix during this holiday savings, especially when it’s money you already planned to spend!
For questions, see http://smile.amazon.com for more information, or call the CAC at 507-664-3550.
November 19, 2014
The Northfield Municipal Liquor Store collected $543 for the CAC Food Shelf during the October Fundraiser. Stephen DeLong, manager of the store, was particularly please with his patrons’ generosity this year. The Minnesota Municipal Beverage Association encourages local fundraisers for food by matching the local community’s collection. The CAC would like to thank everyone who shared during the month of October.
As Store Manager, Allison Gephart (on the right) cut the ribbon for Cub Foods grand re-opening ceremony, she was surrounded by community members who were appreciating the updates that Cub Foods has made to the store. More news on the event can be found on the Northfield News link below. Cub Foods has committed to giving back to the community by purchasing a $1,000 worth of food pallets that will be donated to the Community Action Center of Northfield Food Shelf. Steph Helkenn (on the left), Food Shelf Coordinator, is excited about this contribution, “All I can say is thank you, thank you, thank you! We have all ready received 760 pounds of food and there is more to come. We are so thankful for Cub Food’s commitment to our community.”
The CAC thanks Allison and the Cub Foods team for their loyalty and support of the Food Shelf, a place many of our neighbors depend upon. Thank you for including the CAC in your grand re-opening and for serving our community.
November 17, 2014
Christmas Sharing is a holiday gift program sponsored by the Community Action Center of Northfield. Through the generosity of hundreds of individual donors and dedicated volunteers, approximately 1100 children from 475 households will receive gifts through the Christmas Sharing program this year. It takes a whole community working together to make this magical program possible.
WE NEED YOUR HELP!
- DONATE MONEY: Cash gifts are used to meet specific needs and fill in the gaps. The fundraising goal for 2014 is $25,000.00. Checks can be made out to: CAC-Christmas Sharing, 1651 Jefferson Parkway – Suite HS-200, Northfield, MN 55057.
- DONATE GIFTS: New, unwrapped toys and gifts can be dropped off in designated donation boxes at your church or at the Community Action Center from Nov. 16 through Dec. 7.
- DONATE QUILTS OR FLEECE BLANKETS: New, store bought or homemade. Each family receives a blanket or quilt. Please contact Deb Laven for more information, 507-663-9062.
- DONATE YOUR TIME:Volunteers are needed to help on December 8, 9 & 10 with the sorting of gifts, assisting participants with their gift selections and wrapping gifts and gift boxes. Please email email@example.com or call the CAC reception desk, 507-664-3550 to sign up.
- BAKE COOKIES:Cookies are served to participants and volunteers during the event. Please contact Mary Peterson for more information, 507-663-1486.
- SEW SLEEPWEAR: – Each child receives pajamas. Pre-cut kits are available at the CAC Clothes Closet, 600 Water St. Please call Emily Schmitz, 507-645-8582 for more information.
If you know of anyone who should be invited to attend Christmas Sharing, please encourage them to call the CAC, 664-3550, for eligibility information.