The Community Action Center is fortunate to have a top-notch staff that is committed to helping Northfield-area families obtain stability in the midst of extraordinary difficulties. If you are interested in joining our team, please fill out our employment application.
We are currently seeking a Client Service Specialist:
Provides direct support to clients who are in need of crisis intervention. Registers clients for participation in agency programs. Helps clients coordinate available resources to resolve crises. Additionally, represents agency constituencies to help identify and develop strategies to address community diversity issues.
- Experience as a helping professional
- Fluency in speaking & writing Spanish and English
- Proficiency in oral and written communications
- Ability to relate to people experiencing crisis
- Expertise in understanding and working with multi-cultural issues
- Understanding of principles of data privacy and confidentiality
- Understanding of organizational and community dynamics
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word and Access
Hours: 30 hours/week
Hours scheduled in consultation with supervisor
Job Classification: Regular, Part-time
Benefits prorated by FTE (Full-time equivalency) including personal leave, paid holidays and employer contribution to flexible benefit plan.
Reports to: Client Services Project Manager
To apply, please complete our employment application or send a resume and cover letter to Karen Smetana at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are one of our neighbors looking for help finding work, read more about Northfield WORKS. You can contact our office at 507.664.3550 and we’ll be happy to connect you with the appropriate employment resources.